Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Seed saving

In article
, Farm1
writes

The list goes on (and I haven't even really mentioned any of the
flowers other than the poppies)! I love saving seeds from open
pollinated varieties but I really must either get busy and grow some
to resave or throw out most of them - perhaps I should just broadcast
them or sow them in poystyrene boxes and see what happens. Any
thoughts?

Why not swap seeds? I do this every year as I usually have about 150
packets. I use what I need and then swap with other people. Or take them
to your gardening club, there may well be lots of people there who would
like to give some of them a chance.
I find that sometimes I can't get things to germinate but because I've
shared the seed someone else has been able to give me back a couple of
seedlings!

It all works out in the end.

janet
--