Old 05-11-2006, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default Right! The bunker is built

"George.com" wrote in message

"6" .@. wrote in message ...
All I need to do now is add plenty of organic material and cuttings to

start
the ball rolling on the manure production front for next years planting.

Anyone any tips, apart from not adding grass cuttings, as to the best
layering or whatever in a 1m cube old coal bunker?

as others say add grass clippings (as much as you want) in ration to brown
material (leaves, mulched prunings, paper, cardboard, straw etc). Grass is
great and brings in nitrogen.

One tip, no rose cuttings unless they are well mulched. The *******s last
long time and get revenge when you dig the compost out. Either chop them
superfine or as I do now dry them and use as kindling.

We mix our confidential document shreddings in with the grass clippings
peelings etc and it does much to lighten and improve the texture of the
compost. It would also need a failrly determined identity theif to recover
the info.

Gill M