Old 05-11-2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default What are the issues?

K: That could work -- if they have a LOT of friends also interested in
orchids, or do their own lab work. I've been thru 2 labs which couldn't
deliver any product (claimed that everything either didn't germinate or
contaminated). The 3d lab is producing almost every pod I send (no reports
of contamination, only one report of "no germination"), but has a minimum
order of 1000 seedlings ... That's a lot of plants, so I need to be very
confident before I send one. Kenni

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..So what's a hobbyist to
do if they want something other than a boxstore
orchid? Create their own hybrids, trade 'em with their friends? Drive for
miles to get to the few shows in their areas that sell something other than
boxstore orchids? (SBOE, Redlands, Chicago)