Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 PM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Re Water Restrictions

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

no no - that's the belt with all the mcmansions. there's no room on the
blocks for anything once the mcmansion goes up. we went to kellyville to
have a gawp one day years ago - i'm still not over it, i don't think i
ever
will be ;-)

Nor me, especially when I (like Meeeee) remember what it used to look like
:-(

My Grandma used to say of something disproportionate that it was "like a
pimple on a pumpkin". A McMansion on a tiny block looks like a pumpkin on
pimple!

lol absolutely true. It's happening here in cairns too...we have this lovely
big mountain behind us, beautifully rainforest and every weekend there seems
to be a new white and orange Tuscan style horrible Mc Mansion on it. DH's
boss has one up there, but I love him for it because he seems to be the only
guy who has a timber and brown colourbond house with trees actually left
around it....can't see the house at all. As for the other atrocities...I'm
hoping for mudslides. Not deadly ones of course...just enough to thoroughly
disenchant them with hillside show off living. Ridiculous. And afaik my
great uncle still has his patch of paradise in kellyville...probably much to
the disgust of his Gucci clad neighbours.