Old 05-11-2006, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
the sculptor the sculptor is offline

Default wine berry

yep thats the one I have, thnaks for that.

K wrote:
the sculptor writes

Hmmmm thanks for that Jenny but my berries dont look anything like
that, they are more like a blackberry but very red.......wonder what I
have got then, lol

Tayberry, Sunberry, loganberry ....

One characteristic of wineberry is that the inside of the calyces are
bright orange, so once you have picked the red fruit, you have this
decorative orange star.

Actually, that picture on the site jenny found is rubbish - looks more
like a redcurrant! (The description is OK)

Try this one:

http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/ruph1.htm

JennyC wrote:

"the sculptor" wrote in message
oups.com...
How can I get my wine berry to grow rampantly..... I have had it
planted now for two years and only had five fruits from it and it looks
sick as a dog in comparison to other wine berries I have seen. Any
advice would be gratfuly received. many thanks in advance The
Deadlyartichoke (Stainless Steel Garden Sculptures) @
www.llamaseven.com

had to go googling as I never even heard of a wine berry before :~)

Looks nice tho... found this:
http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/index.php?cPath=382

HTH Jenny

--