Old 06-11-2006, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Right! The bunker is built

"K" wrote in message
Mike Lyle writes

If the OP wants quick results, I think compost in an old coal bunker
will probably need to be turned more often than in a heap to keep it
aerated. I've never been fussy, but I'm sure quickly-made hot compost
is much better than slow and cool.

Better in what way? Texture? Nutrient level?
--
Kay

I guess there is not a lot of difference except a hot brew will kill of most
of the nasty seeds.
In either case the actual nutrient level of compost is nothing exceptional ,
it's to be regarded as a soil conditioner rather than a fertiliser.