Old 23-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Hussein M.

Default Cutting a Phormium?

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 07:37:03 GMT, "David Berry"
wrotc:

This is the plant that prompted a minor domestic dispute in my household. I
think that it is wonderful. My wife has a different view of it and wanted
to remove it completely. An agreement was made to reduce it's size. So
better half attacked it with a bread knife(!) - removing much of the outer
growth. Poor little thing must have thought that it was going to die and so
put out flowers which must have got to 12ft. If this goes, so do I ;-)

I'm curious what time of year your P. was attacked by a bread knife
and, if this was early in the year, it flowered in the same.

It's just that Mike in an earlier message said he cut his down to
the ground every year and it never flowers.

Huss
(I had better go and reassure Strapper tomorrow morning with a caress,
certainly not a slash, in case he is misreading the airwaves).
Grow a little garden