Old 06-11-2006, 09:30 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Re Water Restrictions

"meeee" wrote in message

lol absolutely true. It's happening here in cairns too...we have this
lovely big mountain behind us, beautifully rainforest and every weekend
there seems to be a new white and orange Tuscan style horrible Mc Mansion
on it. DH's boss has one up there, but I love him for it because he seems
to be the only guy who has a timber and brown colourbond house with trees
actually left around it....can't see the house at all.

recently, for reasons which are actually irrelevent now, we were looking at
what sorts of kit homes etc one could buy. it was often the case that the
more pleasant, smaller, subtle houses did not represent "value for money"
(cough) as the whoppers. i mean, a house half the size or less was not half
the price. (nor really relatively cheaper i think i mean, since some costs
are fixed). most of the companies had these horrific monstrosities out the
wazoo & only a few small, nice ones. not enough companies had passive solar
design or inclusions like solar, or solar hot water, or such as that. it was
disappointing to say the least. i can't fathom why developers in australia
are allowed to run riot. well, i know why, but it's not acceptable. ffs it
doesn't need to be _encouraged_!

As for the other atrocities...I'm
hoping for mudslides. Not deadly ones of course...just enough to
thoroughly disenchant them with hillside show off living.

what a grand plan! ;-)

Ridiculous. And afaik my
great uncle still has his patch of paradise in kellyville...probably much
to the disgust of his Gucci clad neighbours.

cough i don't think they're wearing gucci, i think they're wearing target
cough
kylie