Old 06-11-2006, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams michael adams is offline

Default Rue

"Teti Garf" wrote in message
I have a small patio and trying to plant something interesting but not too
difficult to look after.
I've seen a lovely plant in a gardrning book where is indicated as Ruta
Jackman's Blue. Lovely shade of green, but it seems impossible to find!

On the net is considered as a kind of herb and the foliage are not exactly
as the one in the book.
I wander whether you can advice me on how to finf this plant. I live in
Wales.

Many thanks in advance.

Maria GG

Possibly this doesn't grow true from seed. Most seed catalogues
carry one or two varieties of rue but not this one it seems, which
is among the most popular of the decorative rues

Plants are available - maybe at the appropriate time of the year -
from among other places -

http://www.barwinnock.com/

" Plants are available by mail order or by visiting the herb garden
at Barwinnock, Ayrshire, Scotland."

Jackmans Blue Rue Ruta graveolens "Jackmans Blue" F76 £ 2.00

http://www.barwinnock.com/herb-plants/latin9.htm

michael adams