Old 06-11-2006, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default honeysuckle id

In article ,
"Charlie Pridham" writes:

| I can not see anyone mistaking a honeysuckle for anything else ! and I have
| certainly never come across a climbing Cotoneaster.

I can, but not cotoneaster! There are quite a lot of hardy plants with
small honeysuckle-like trumpets, until you look closely, but almost all
are shrubby not climbing. There are lots of subtropical climbers that
could be confused, but most won't grow here and many have larger
flowers.

| Other thoughts are Lonicera x americana which has the right colour berries
| (and is a hybrid of implexa) but this for me flowers all summer and autumn

SMALL pink flowers?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.