Old 06-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Bamboo Success Bamboo Success is offline
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagitrah
I have a number of clumps of Bamboo in my garden and this year two of them have lost all of therir leaves and appear to have seeded, although there is no new growth, has anyone got any suggestions as to what may be happening, are they dying? or will they recover to full leaf?
It may well be that the bamboo has flowered, all bamboos flower at different rates, some taking decades if not centuries to flower and produce seed, however once a bamboo has flowered it does NOT necessarily die, like a lot of people believe. It may well regenerate and start producing flowers, I have a bamboo that has flowered twice!!

A useful ebook about bamboo, how to care for it and bamboo flowering can be found at www.bamboosuccess.com