Old 06-11-2006, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bioboffin Bioboffin is offline

Default My grass needs cutting, buts its too wet. What can I do ???

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:04:46 GMT, "Bioboffin"
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:53:07 GMT, stevesmith
wrote:

My grass needs cutting, buts its too wet. Lawnmower wheels just
sink into the soil and skid marks are left round corners.

What can I do ???

Buy a hover mower.

And an RCD (Earth leakage circuit breaker) if it's a mains powered
one, to avoid electrocuting yourself if you cut the cable!

Yes and buy a Qualcast mower, (now Bosch owned?), with a plastic
blade and it won't cut the cable, nor will it eat the toe cap of
shoes. The Flymo mower with a steel blade that we had did both.

My earlier flymo had the option of a plastic blade or a steel blade.
Unfortunately the plastic blade was completely useless, so the steel blade
was installed. My current flymo also (now) has a steel blade (and I have an
RCD). However, I have little doubt that true lawn enthusiasts would never
consider a hover mower. Cylinder mowers do a much better job in terms of a
perfect lawn. Hovers are better for occasional gardeners!

--

John