Old 06-11-2006, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Cymbidium - for Bob

Bob Hobden writes

"K" wrote ...
Bob's advice seems to have been successful - I removed my Cymbidium from
the front garden, where its flower buds were beginning to look a little
obvious, into the porch at the back, where the buds steadily developed in
the cool. Then as the first flowers were opening when the frost came last
week I brought it into the hallway, and now have a total of 20 flowers
open or opening on 4 stems. Thanks, Bob

Glad to have been of help.
Don't let it get too hot though, or the flowers will go over too soon.

It's difficult, isn't it? In the house, where I see and enjoy it
throughout the day, or out in the porch or greenhouse, where I don't get
so much enjoyment (and get twitchy about low temps).

It's in the hall - about as cool as I can manage

--
Kay