Old 06-11-2006, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Rue

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In my experience, it does. It self-seeds slightly, and the seedlings
appear true. It is dead easy to take cuttings.

Don't panic over the reaction problems, but don't put it anywhere
that people will get the crushed or cut leaves or stem against
bare skin. And I think that it is attractive, and it can be used
(in VERY small quantities) in cooking.

I don't like it in cooking but I do think it's very attractive and an
asset in a natural garden. I have a butler's sink full and it's very
popular with hoverflies and other insects. I've never had a reaction to
it, nor has anyone else in our family and we often crush the leaves in
passing for the scent.
Mary

I'm lucky in that respect too. Never had any reaction to rue or even to
giant hogweed :~)

I don't think I've ever seen giant hogweed!

Mary
Jenny