Old 06-11-2006, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default honeysuckle id

K wrote:
Were they in flower at the time? Unless you have grown a plant yourself,
it can sometimes be difficult to identify on leaves.

No. That would have been too easy )

No, I said pink. And in case you're wondering, it's not a jasmine
either.

LOL!! Ok. (

(I've been collecting jasmin flowers recently, in picture format. I
intend to do a poster - they are so beautiful, and I'll mix in gardenia
and magnolia in there too - all whites of course!)

Flowers are too small for that, too pink, and not as many in a cluster.
This is one of the ones that has flowers along the length of the stem,
rather than in a cluster at the end

Sounds rather lovely. This is turning to be quite a challenge!

I'd say the fragrantissima then. A bush that climbs ;o)

And has white flowers not pink.

But I had thought you had said white g

I was assuming this would be something instantly recognisable, but since
it isn't, the best thing would be for me to come back in early summer
when the flowers are out. Many thanks to Janet and Charlie for the
pileata id.

That will be an idea. Though I won't give up. I'm sure one of us will
come across it one day and will contact you )