Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default honeysuckle id

"K" wrote in message
JennyC writes

"K" wrote in message
I've been try8ing to identify the various honeysuckles in the garden,

and
am OK on all but 2.

1) small leaved low bush with oval leaves with pointed ends, about 1cm
long, evergreen, inconspicuous flowers, seen in municipal plantings
everywhere, and not L nitida (which has round ends to the leaves.

2) evergreen climber, leaves about 1.5cm long, oval, abundant small

pink
flowers in early summer, branches festooned with red berries in late
summer
Any ideas?
Kay

Henryi has berries, but they are not exactly red.....

The leaves are too small for henryi, which in any case has black
berries, and the berries are later in the year. (I have henryii, and it
has berries atm)

--
Kay

When you say climbing K, how strongly does it climb?
You now have me intrigued!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk