Old 23-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Shiva

Default Oak Leaves On Bareroots?

Got half my roses in and realized I had no pine straw--so I mounded oak
leaves on them to keep them moist until they get established. Since I
maintain a regular antifungal spray routine from late spring on, think
this will be okay? The only problem I can see is that there may be fungus
that overwintered in the oak leaves. I got them from around my azaleas and
the wooded area in the back. No signs of oak root fungus in these areas. I
plan to spray them down with a fine spray daily, and a soak for the roots,
and put medium pine bark mulch over the leaves after uncovering the bare
roots when they sprout. Thoughts?