Old 08-11-2006, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Scraping the barrel

"Klara" wrote
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes
"JennyC" wrote
"Martin" wrote
I watched it for the first time this evening.
Utter crap.
Martin
The thing is though - the program is SO bad one feels almost compelled
watch it !!
Jenny

The daughter died shortly after the programme was made.

It could almost be funny in a "The Armstrongs" sort of way if it weren't
so desperately tragic and a the same time so utterly useless from the
point of view of helping those people.
I think the exclamation point is those two clinking their glasses of
champagne ...
Klara, Gatwick basin

TV programs seem to be all going the same way:
Sensation + emotion + instant.
It's a sad state of affairs :~(

All the Big brother type programs are taking over. Here in Holland we have a
program call "Farmer seeks wife" where there are several farmers who get to
chose 5 females who've written in 'applying' for one of them. They get taken
around the farm and it's SO embarrassing to see the women being weighed up
by the men and vice versa....

Still at least Ground Force is no more :~))))

Nothing is left to the imagination these days. It's all instantly on tap in
glorious Technicolor....

I've been watching the old Quatermass series on DVD...... B&W, full of scary
atmospheric background music, totally naf-but hugely intimidating special
effects..... But at least nowadays I watch it from the settee instead of
hiding behind it as I did when I first saw the series as child :~))

Jenny