Old 08-11-2006, 04:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.consumers,rec.gardens
Rick F. Rick F. is offline

Default String Trimmer Ideas

In article . net, JimR wrote:

Sears sells a wheeled string trimmer that is very maneuverable, can be used
for small area work, has been reliable for me for years, and you don't have
to carry it around (which also means that it's cutting height is very
constant). However, it's gas-driven . . .

Speaking of Sears.. I bought my current string trimmer there -- it was a unit
that was returned and refurbished.. I got it for a fraction of the "new" price
(perhaps $100) and I've been using it for about 6 years now.. The string head is
starting to get pretty worn out and will need replacement soon, but I can get
those parts easily and since it's gas, it just keeps working.. Sure it's noisy,
but I've never had issues with its power or anything like that. It usually gets
used 1-2 times per month and hasn't let me down yet.