Old 08-11-2006, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Scraping the barrel

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , JennyC
writes
Nothing is left to the imagination these days. It's all instantly on tap
in glorious Technicolor....

I've been watching the old Quatermass series on DVD...... B&W, full of
scary atmospheric background music, totally naf-but hugely intimidating
special effects..... But at least nowadays I watch it from the settee
instead of hiding behind it as I did when I first saw the series as child
:~))

Jenny

Good plan! There is less and less I can bear to watch - we gave up on
Spooks because it was all terrorists, and we've had friends and family
very close to both the Twin Towers and the underground blasts. But
Quatermass, now that I could cope with....
Klara, Gatwick basin

Torchwood (BBC2 in about an hour from now) is pretty good
too.............and the X-files.... and Stargate.... :~))
Jenny