Old 08-11-2006, 09:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.consumers,rec.gardens
sylvan butler sylvan butler is offline

Default String Trimmer Ideas

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:29:26 -0800, wrote:
In article ,
says...
But I wouldn't do electric unless the entire
potential area is a postage stamp.

What is your objection to electric?

Personally, I hate dealing with recharging and the limited power
available from batteries. I also hate dealing with extension cords of
any length. I dislike the fumes from gas and exhaust, but not enough to
mitigate the electrical issues. Oh, and I currently use a gas
weed-eater string trimmer, and an electric weed-eater leaf blower (it
was a gift). I'm pretty comfortable with my preference, but I'm also
cheap enough that I haven't yet replaced the electric blower...

The reason I want electric is that I don't have any proper/safe
place to store petrol. Not even the small amount in those
trimmer tanks.

Which probably means your place is small enough that an extension cord
wouldn't be an issue. Or to relate it to my previous post, it sounds as
if you live on a postage stamp.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com