Old 08-11-2006, 10:23 PM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Re Water Restrictions

no, that would be a bit much....

we ended up with a solar-powered glorified shed, which i'm doing up (as
necessary) with 2nd hand stuff, but it's a bit of a struggle -i've
discovered none of the rooms are actually squared :-). we have to save up
for improvements to the power because we need to run the generator for a
few hours every day, which is absurd, but there's no other choice (as
you've probably discovered from your dad, you can't let the batteries run
right down). which, naturally, led to dh fantasising about building a
straw-bale house - never mind how to power it. by the time i finish with
this one, i'm NOT LEAVING!! i can't seem to make him understand that,
though ;-)

at any rate, we're all set to be the first on the road with a wind turbine
too. the joneses, we _are_! lol.
kylie

Lol I lived a large part of my childhood in a small solar powered glorified
shed. If you'd like I could put you in touch with my parents; they have a
lot of contacts and knowledge about everything alternative building wise; it
wasn't lack of time or ability on dad's part but lack of money so they are
experts at doing stuff with recycled materials!! He did all the solar
himself so he would even know/know of someone who did about stuff you migth
need/where to get 2nd hand stuff. Anyway let me know if you want his email