Old 08-11-2006, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg Chris Hogg is offline

Default small brown clover!!!!!!!!!!

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:25:52 +0000, solaara
wrote:

can anyone tell me what the small brown clover like weed that came up
all over my plant pots
this year..It seems to get a hold on everthing that is in the garden!
(how do I get rid of it?) solaara

I agree with SRH; it's an oxalis, probably O. corniculata and IMO an
invasive weed that will quickly spread by both seed and runners. I
have a few in my garden. They come in with almost everything. Peat,
bark chips, plants bought from garden centres etc. The purplish brown
leaves can be difficult to spot against dark brown soil, but the
bright yellow flowers give them away. Pull them up wherever you see
them, making sure you get the root out. I don't put them on the
compost heap but bin or burn them. Don't let them to set seed.

--
Chris