Old 09-11-2006, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Oldfield Richard Oldfield is offline

Default Upgrading a John Deere LTR180 Garden Tractor

Sorry if this is off topic, it's not that far off though!

I manage about 2 acres of garden and a 12 acre field with a John Deere
LTR180 lawn tractor, 17hp, 42" cut with a nice little trailer - I like it,
it's good at what it was designed to do.

But I'd like a flail mower, a rotavator and a blade to flatten the soil
however because my tractor doesn't have a PTO or a 3 point hitch my choice
is very limited.

Before I upgrade to a more expensive machine it occured to me somebody must
have been through this problem before - did you buy bits to upgrade /
customise your small John Deere or think it through, explore lots of avenues
and finally have to go shopping for a new tractor?

If so which did you look at? I have a nasty suspicion I'm crossing from
tightly priced domestic into expensive industrial but the choice of
attachments on AVANT www.avanttecno.comand and Valpadana www.valpadana.it
look interesting!

Thanks
Richard