Old 10-11-2006, 03:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bigjon[_1_] bigjon[_1_] is offline

Default "Mushy Potatoes" - anyone know why?

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:54:55 +0000, Rachel Aitch wrote:

Hi Folks,

Quick question: one of my clients (I'm a professional gardener, but
don't hold that against me) asked me why his entire potato crop, of
various types, turned to mush as soon as they were put into boiling
water.

I have no idea!!

Desperate to preserve my reputation, I turn to you (picture me with
hands out, pleading) for suggestion...

Rachel Aitch

It's probably to do with the water content - if, say, the pots got heavily
frosted in the ground, or even frozen, they will cook up really soft and
mushy....