Old 10-11-2006, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bigjon[_1_] bigjon[_1_] is offline

Default "Mushy Potatoes" - anyone know why?

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:11:09 +0000, ®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³ wrote:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:43:14 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Quick question: one of my clients (I'm a professional gardener, but
don't hold that against me) asked me why his entire potato crop, of
various types, turned to mush as soon as they were put into boiling
water.

I have no idea!!

Desperate to preserve my reputation, I turn to you (picture me with
hands out, pleading) for suggestion...

Perhaps they had been frozen?

I've had potatoes which turned mushy after a few minutes of boiling, I
reagard that as good (saves energy). But I've never had a potato which
turned to mush as soon as they were put into boiling water. Perhaps it was
an exaggeration?

Perhaps someone has developed a new "Smash" potato cultivar.

those aliens might have returned to take our potatoes over...