Old 10-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Eileen Eileen is offline
Registered User

Location: Berwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simy1

Some of the stuff I planted in the garden are perennial or reseeding
greens that used to be my wild pickings, things such as sorrel, fiddle
heads, mache, arugula and chicory, and of course I still eat the
dandelions and purslane that come up as weeds in the garden. All stuff
that comes up without doing any work, is early and late in the season,
and keeps you strong.
It all sounds like the ultimate convenience food. It grows without TLC, it is free, it is nutritious and whats more it tastes good.

Something to ponder about in this pre-packed age.

Eileen.