Old 10-11-2006, 09:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Old 8HP Wards

The old 8HP Wards snowblower is up and running. Tank was empty, so always
the optimist, I just made sure it had oil, poured gas in, choked it and and
pulled the recoil a few times. No attempt to fire so I was starting to take
the cover off the carbuerator intake for starter fluid when I realized this
old bugger has an on/off toggle switch. Flipped the switch but figured I
had fouled the plug by this time so I dug down in my stash and came up with
a brand new J19LM. Put that sucker in and a few pulls later - a puff of
smoke and put-put-put - all systems are go. Well not really "all". Very
stiff shifting so I will pull the cover off the lower end and clean off /
lube the shaft so the drive wheel slides easy. The chute was stiff also but
I doused that with oil and that freed up quickly.

So it looks like I can count on #3 for another year.