Old 10-11-2006, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default small brown clover!!!!!!!!!!

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:25:52 +0000, solaara
wrote:

can anyone tell me what the small brown clover like weed that came up
all over my plant pots
this year..It seems to get a hold on everthing that is in the garden!
(how do I get rid of it?)

I first discovered this oxalis in the late 60s in the garden of a NEW
house, probably brought in with pot plants.
I have moved house once in the meantime, and still have it in
abundance. I can contain it with weedkiller in my gravel, but in pots
it is getting hard to pull out because my sight is failing.
I just have to live with it. It really does no harm, but is just a
nuisance. I have another oxalis with similar yellow flowers but green
leaves. It is just as much of a nuisance, but slightly smaller.

One winter I tried using a glyphosate-based weedkiller on it in a pot
which had a grass in, which had died down. I thought the stuff would
only affect growing leaves, but the grass only just survived the next
year. Lesson learned!

Pam in Bristol