Old 11-11-2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Controlling Wisteria

I planted vines on each side of the back porch about 5-6 years ago.
In my dumb innocence, I didn't know how predatory it was; by now,
it's coming up all over the back yard!

About 3 years ago, come dormant time, I cut one side off a little
short of the roof, to avoid compromising the roofing. That part did
not regrow, and my gardener (who only mows & edges) said it
doesn't regrow when cut off.

But it grew under the porch from the other side, and now is even
more abundant than before.

Now I finally come to the Question:

When it goes dormant again, can I or can I not prune from the top?

TIA

Persephone