Old 11-11-2006, 07:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default LT 125 - like to bypass the seat auto shut off

"zm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a new JD LT 125 riding lawn mower. I am doing quite a bit of
dirt moving with my wagon around the yard and would like to let the
machine idle while I shovel dirt on/off. It has the shut off hooked to
the seat (whenever you get off the machine, it dies). Is there a way I
could bypass that shut offf so it would idle?

thanks for any help.

Absolutely. If **safety** is not a concern you can disconnect the wires
from the switch or bypass it. Some manufacturers do it one way and some do
it the other way. I don't think you can hurt anything trying it the wrong
way first. I've taken off all the safety switches on my Wheelhorse 520H ,
and an old Agway 12HP and others - but be aware some dealers won't work on
your machine with bypassed safety switches.