Old 11-11-2006, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jdagy jdagy is offline

Default Hard starting Snapper Mower

I have a + 15y/o Snapper mower, Briggs engine, It difficult to start
recently, I replaced the plug, and air filter. The mower will start
with the Air filter removed. I let it run a wile and reassemble the
filter. I readjusted the carburetor settings according to original
specs. Last year (over the winter) I replaced a broken pull cord and
may have cut it a bit short. Maybe when trying to start it the engine
does not turn enough to suck in enough air. Any suggestions?