Old 11-11-2006, 11:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Hard starting Snapper Mower

"jdagy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a + 15y/o Snapper mower, Briggs engine, It difficult to start
recently, I replaced the plug, and air filter. The mower will start
with the Air filter removed. I let it run a wile and reassemble the
filter. I readjusted the carburetor settings according to original
specs. Last year (over the winter) I replaced a broken pull cord and
may have cut it a bit short. Maybe when trying to start it the engine
does not turn enough to suck in enough air. Any suggestions?

Try pulling it over slowly once to get the fuel moving and then pull to
start.

Or, if you think it is too rich, lean it out (turn it in) an eighth of a
turn