Old 12-11-2006, 06:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default This Weeks Update Posted 06/11/06

Hi Steve,

You have a very impressive blog site into which you must have put lot of
work.

Just curious why you take the risk of taking wood from a tree surgeon. Who

knows what diseases are in that wood? I question the benefit of wood
chips,
in general. They take a long time to decompose, and seem to spread a mess
around their areas of application. I would opt for mulch instead.

Curious what kind of ECO friendly preservatives you use on the wood for
your
raised beds. Seems like they don't last much longer than the 5 years you
experienced.

Sherwin D.

PLOTTY wrote:

Hello all, just to let you know that I have updated my website with
hopefuly some useful information for getting your soil and plot ready
for next season, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

--
PLOTTY