Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
[email protected] sv2021@gmail.com is offline

Default Please help with my Budda Belly

I had the similar problem with one of the lucky bamboo stem and asked
the vendor what to do. These are the tips I got from the vendor:
1) Change water very 2 weeks, make sure water is neight hot nor cold,
but in room temperature, when changing.
2) Lucky bamboo (and/or Budda Belly) need water logged around its base
or roots, which is not to be confused with other varieties of bamboos
that need the water drained away from their root systems.
3) You can plant them directy in water and/or on a base or river
pebbles or rocks but not soil. Water logged soil will rotts the bamboos
roots.
4) If the leaf is really turning brown or gray, using a sharp knife cut
it and remove the leaf. This will help, if it its caused by some
disease, not to spread to other parts of the plant.
5) Dont place it in direct sun or very bright light source.

Here is a link, that I found very hepful also.
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_containe...493258,00.html

Hope this helps and enjoy growing indoor plants.

Sam
jtravoli wrote:
I recently purchased some #5 Budda Belly plants and the
leaves are beginning to dry and turn a light grayish green color
from the edge of the leaf migrating toward the center. Too
little water? Too much water? Any pointers are greatly
appreciated.
jtravoli
Sacramento, CA