Old 12-11-2006, 01:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default LT 125 - like to bypass the seat auto shut off

zm wrote:
Hello,

I have a new JD LT 125 riding lawn mower. I am doing quite a bit of
dirt moving with my wagon around the yard and would like to let the
machine idle while I shovel dirt on/off. It has the shut off hooked to
the seat (whenever you get off the machine, it dies). Is there a way I
could bypass that shut offf so it would idle?

thanks for any help.

My 10 year old Murray tractor came with a pigtail, a short piece (3") of
electrical wire with spade plugs on each end.
Just take the seat wire connection apart and place the pigtail in the
plug going to the tractor, making a complete circuit.
I never used it and don't know why they included it.

--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY