Old 13-11-2006, 04:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson Susan Erickson is offline

Default What are the issues?

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 21:29:13 -0500, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:

Big question: would he be willing to do it again?

We used to drop prices on Sunday afternoon - it increased traffic...
but it got so people often waited for Sunday afternoon to buy. This
year we found a local vendor to front for us. We did not take
discounts because he took back what we could not sell. So we had a
better selection on Sunday and nothing looked Shop-worn. He claimed
he was getting the phone calls - he might as well be our wholesaler.
Have his tags in the plants, etc.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

Yes, He has signed up for March 2007. He considered it an advertising
piece as well as covering his costs. It is the Contribution Margin
that is slim here. But at least when someone calls to ask about one
of the plants they bought he can tell them to come in and bring it. It
has his tag and it was his volume sale. He wants to bring "club
specials" to the preview party and have more exciting plants for the
club growers. Species and Ascda, Vanda, etc.
Most of the sales are for the non-growing public. Generic (but
labeled) phals and other pretties or easy growers.