Old 13-11-2006, 02:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default LT 125 - like to bypass the seat auto shut off

"zm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a new JD LT 125 riding lawn mower. I am doing quite a bit of
dirt moving with my wagon around the yard and would like to let the
machine idle while I shovel dirt on/off. It has the shut off hooked to
the seat (whenever you get off the machine, it dies). Is there a way I
could bypass that shut offf so it would idle?

thanks for any help.

Here is what I did. My JD GT262 has the switch inside of the seat (a
replacement seat), and a plug that plugs into the seat bottom. The plug
anchor clippy thing broke, so the switch always thought that no one was on
the seat, as the circuit always was then open. It was buy _another_ seat or
never put it into gear or figure out something else.

So the something else that I did was take a couple of inches of bare wire
and wrap it around the plug tines, completing the circuit and fooling the
machine into thinking that there is always someone on the seat. I then
wrapped it all up in tape and left it under the seat, disconnected from the
seat, but bridged.
Hope this helps,
Tomes