Old 23-03-2003, 04:08 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default Removing Tool Rust?

I don't have kerosene around...how about Coleman "white fuel"...close
enough?

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com
"Phisherman" wrote in message
If you wipe your tools with a rag moistened with kerosene, your tools
won't rust. Kerosene will remove light surface rust. Also, kerosene
(in small quantities) is non-toxic and easy on the skin. Be careful
to dispose of the rag properly.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:06:54 GMT, "John Jones"
wrote:

"John T. Jarrett" wrote in message
:/

I just found a tub of tools I thought I had put in the garage

before winter
came.

Any good soaks for getting the rust outta them creases and

seams where
grinders and sandpaper don't reach?

I used a half vinegar - half water tub to clean up a cast iron

pot that had
spent ten years in a garage, but that still took hours of wire

brushing and
these tools are just too small for that.

This may or may not work, but googlize "Eds Red"