Old 13-11-2006, 07:01 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather Geoff & Heather is offline

Default Xmas Tomatoes

Yeah we lived in Perth for a while and got one frost (well something that
resembled slightly white grass) when we liven in Upper Swan - I think it was
about 1983.

We generally get about 5 or 6 a year here, but they are quite good ones,
about minus 4 and any time from Early May to the end of Sept. It makes
growing frost sensitive things a bit of a challenge, but you can get by as
long as you can pick the frost coming and cover things up.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Geoff & Heather wrote:
This year, I've come in a real winner- grew some "Siberians"
in my little KMart $35 hot house and planted them out - complete with the
first fruit - in 2nd week of Sep - running the risk of the normal last
frost
at the end of Sep

What is this "frost" stuff? Isn't that the stuff you put on patty
cakes?

Bruce (in Perth) who has tomatoes ripening from plants that self sowed
from the compost.