Old 13-11-2006, 12:05 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravoli
I recently purchased some #5 Budda Belly plants and the
leaves are beginning to dry and turn a light grayish green color
from the edge of the leaf migrating toward the center. Too
little water? Too much water? Any pointers are greatly
appreciated.
jtravoli
Sacramento, CA
There is a bamboo called Bambusa ventricosa "Buddha's Belly", which is this:
http://www.bamboowholesale.com.au/html/ventricosa.html
However the comment by sv2021, referring to "lucky bamboo", which is not bamboo but a dracaena, makes me suspect you may also have something which is not bamboo, ie, a 'Buddha Belly plant', Jatropha podagrica, which is a euphorbia, this:
http://www.rareflora.com/jatrophapodagrica.html
I know nothing about the latter, but you will find instructions on the above link, and elsewhere if you search. If you have the bamboo, I would suggest read the recent thread on Phyllostachys Bissetti, which will tell you what you need to know about bamboos not doing very well in containers. B. ventricosa does need to be containerised or otherwise stressed to get it to "belly" properly, but that doesn't mean it can be left in the small container that the garden centre gave you.