Old 13-11-2006, 09:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] mdhjwh@iprimus.com.au is offline

Default Why get rid of weeds

Jan Flora wrote:

I've heard that Native Americans aren't so fussy about weeds.
They know that weeds are okay. The Creator wouldn't have put
them in our gardens if they were all bad. (?)

From my perspective, there's far too much romantic new-age mythology

about how Native Americans lived.
To put to rest the relevance of this myth consider this. Native
Americans, before Europeans arrived with their collection of botanical
delinquents, didn't have to cope with introduced weeds.

'The balance is undone' Joni Mitchell.