Old 13-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Rachel Aitch Rachel Aitch is offline
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Thank you so much everyone, you have saved my reputation!

BigJon and June: well, I didn't know that's why we were taught not to leave spuds in the ground until it got frosty. Now I do, so thank you for that. I don't think that's the problem with this client, as they would have been lifting them through late summer.

Mary Fisher: yes, I agree that "turns to mush as soon as they hit the water" is probably exageration, I interpreted that to mean "quite quickly" !

Jane - yes, I think that's it: their veg plot (which I don't tend for them, they do that themselves) looked like a dust bowl, and I got the strong impression that they have not had much time to do any garden work this summer just gone, which is why they took me on. I suspect they haven't watered at all......

Sam: yes, it is a genuine question, and I have to admit that I don't start spuds off in cold water - and I've been cooking all my life! (Thinks, in indignant tone: "I'm a GOOD cook! How can I not have heard about this??")

Bob Hobden: thank you very much for the variety suggestions, just what I need to offer to the client.

Thanks to all of you, my reputation is safe!

Best Regards one and all,

Rachel
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales