Old 14-11-2006, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default "Mushy Potatoes" - anyone know why?

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"Rachel Aitch" wrote in message

Mary Fisher: yes, I agree that "turns to mush as soon as they hit the
water" is probably exageration, I interpreted that to mean "quite
quickly" !

Well that's good, saves fuel.

Sam: yes, it is a genuine question, and I have to admit that I don't
start spuds off in cold water - and I've been cooking all my life!
(Thinks, in indignant tone: "I'm a GOOD cook! How can I not have heard
about this??")

You're not Yorkshire or Scottish, it's another way of saving fuel!

Try it!

I boil potatoes for not more than ten minutes but I do use black pans which
I swear cook faster than ss ones. Yes, I've done comparative tests!

How does it do that?
--
June Hughes