Old 14-11-2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al[_1_] Al[_1_] is offline

Default What are the issues?

With 55 people in attendance and 7 of THEM vendors, you have to be invited?
Good heavens.

My plants were there but I was not. I can not afford to close the
greenhouse for two days and I don't know how to bi-locate in this body yet.

If you have a 2006 NCOS membership book send Carol Allen an email and see
what you can see. I don't think she will require much kissing, but what do
I know. Despite Carol's association with it, I think it is sponsored by
richmondorchidalliance.com

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
I remember Merritt lobbying to disband the EOC saying there was just no
future in these type of events. Seems about right that now one of these
type of events bearing his name would have fixed price tables.

As for the numbers, they look very good for me. Maybe if I figure out the
right people to kiss up to I might score an invite for next year.

"al" wrote in message
At the recent Merritt Huntington Symposium in Virginia Beach last
weekend, they sold table space at $200 a table. The tables are like 2 x
6 feet. They had seven vendors that each purchased between two and four
tables. They had an attendance of 55 people over the two day symposium,
even though 110 had registered. That kind of success should weed out
just about all the vendors from next year's symposium...