Old 15-11-2006, 01:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Apple Tree From Seed

Plant them. They wont be the same kind of apple that they came out of, but
will revert to the kind of fruit that the rootstock came from. They will
still bear fruit, normally within 4 to 6 years. In any case they kids will
be proud of what they accomplished.

Dwayne

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
As a "teachable moment" with my little kids, I we put some seeds from some
apples we ate in a planter. Now, 6 weeks later, some appear to have
sprouted. Will these do well here in the DC area?

Thanks.