Old 15-11-2006, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Scraping the Barrel?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:18:03 +0000, Klara
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
was even worse than last week.
Digging Deep is about one inch in reality.
Maybe Scratching the Surface would be a better name for the program.

Have finally weaned myself off it :-))

No sign of spades in the back of the Jaguar this week. Some surprise
was expressed that after chopping down a tree the ground was still
full of roots. Welly colour this week purple.

It is marginally funnier, but less educational, than watching Little
Britain for the thousandth time.
--

Martin

In terms of planting schemes it has to be the worst yet both for maintenance
and co-ordination . I watch the programme just to see how bad it can get
and I am not disappointed that each week it gets worse.
They chopped down beautiful, graceful silver birch which were doing no harm
and replaced them with a couple of pink blancmange azaleas which will
probably struggle in that soil.
Roll on next week