Old 15-11-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk is offline

Default Chilli peppers

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:48:13 GMT, "MikeCT" wrote:

After harvesting most, and sampling a few of my conservatory grown chillies,
I am sure that they are much hotter than last year's crop. Could this be due
to the very hot summer? Mr Fothergill's "Fiesta" has been really impressive
with my two remaining plants still producing many fruits. I have often read
on this newsgroup different methods of preserving and using chillies during
the winter. I prefer allowing them to dry out naturally and storing the
whole chillies in screw top jars. A friend who is mad on "Habaneros" boils
them up, and when cold, blitzes them with added non-virgin olive oil before
storing the resulting pulp in screw top jars. Any chilli recommendations for
next year would be most welcome. TIA

MikeCT

I hang them up and let them dry. They last all winter just like that.

The Habaneros I grew outside are much hotter than the ones I grew
indoors. The early ones were hotter that the late ones.

I saved a few of the seeds from a packet of Dorset Naga. It will be
interesting to see if the hottest chilli in the world will grow in my
window box.

http://www.easynn.com