Old 15-11-2006, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Scraping the Barrel?

Martin wrote:
and they removed the grass and the topsoil and had to buy new topsoil.
New turf laid on dry earth. Part of fence stained to match her
wellies.
All the plants were spring flowering.
Not to mention exploiting yet another gardeners personal problems.

At last! I've seen what you're all talking about for once. I keep
missing those gems see sweetie darling now ruffles own hair. I was
silent for quite a while afterwards, gobsmacked I'd say, and that my
friends is a rarity. My lot here thought I was in a synchope. Even the
dogs circled me a couple of times ...

It is criminal to let millions beleive they could have a garden
flowering at once with plants which normally simply wouldn't. I mean,
the californian poppies at the same time as the full moped head maple
and azaleas rhodo and lavender !?!

My lil' son made an interesting comment, he said that the garden was
'reversed'. And before you ask, I can't think of a kid who has visited
as many gardens, parks, greenhouses and sheds than this one ;o)