Old 15-11-2006, 09:14 PM posted to bionet.plants
Robert Robert is offline

Default Archeobotany

I'm hoping you can help me out of a jam. I am a novelist based in New York.
I'm writing a mystery novel which has as a character an Archeobotanist. In
the prologue to the story he has uncovered an ancient jar of grain which,
when broken, awakens and unleashes a dormant corn disease that is quickly
spreading globally. Here's my problem, I want this character to help the
agricultural pathologists in the story to identify and cure the disease.
I'm wondering how to describe how the character might do this. Can you
please help me?

Thank you.

Robert P. Bennett
Writer/Lecturer